This policy applies to data that is held by Uni Direct Limited (we/us/our) and to the website hosted at www.university-direct.com, (Website) which is operated by us.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that will be processed by us that is: (i) provided to us by a student (Student) by whom we may be engaged to provide services pursuant to an agreement (Services) and for whom we act as a data controller/processor (this may be provided to us by one of our partners through which you may have first come into contact with us); or (ii) that we collect from you when you visit our Website;
The data controller is Uni Direct Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with number 10005606). You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team Tel: 0207 060 6861 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at: 24 Holborn Viaduct City of London, EC1A 2BN.
Uni Direct Ltd has a data processing and privacy notice outlining how we control, store and process personal and sometimes sensitive data from our Students. We have to process data to provide the Services but we also obtain our Student’s consent to do this as part of the agreement for Services. This will include for the purposes of contacting and disclosing data to third parties (universities and sometimes at the clients request other educational service providers and to our consultants). We will not provide your data to third parties other than for the purposes of the Services (not marketing) and we will only contact you for marketing purposes with your express consent. You are giving us consent within the agreement for Services to use sub- processor third parties for IT purposes (e.g. we use Google Drive) (a list of these providers can be found at _______).
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise we will only use the data provided for the purposes described in our legal contract with you or with written consent from you if you are over 18 or your parent or legal guardian if you are under 18 years old.
We promise we will:
* Ensure we have a legal basis for processing personal and sensitive data you provide us with.
* We will only disclose personal and sensitive data to universities or third party consultants(e.g. tutors) that we use in the provision of the Services.
* We will retain your personal data until a month after your start at college of university then we will delete any sensitive data and only maintain an email address for future marketing purposes that you have expressly consented to for a period of [5 years]. You can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us as above.
Please find our data processing and privacy notice here:
Link to data processing and privacy notice
When someone visits our Website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We do not collect personally identifiable information through our website, however, if this changes in the future we will notify website visitors and will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Our Website may contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites then please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites.
We promise that:
* Financial transactions relating to your payment will be processed by a secure third party.
* We will hold all your personal and sensitive data on secure servers.
* We will comply fully with all applicable Data Protection legislation (including GDPR 2016), and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
* If you request access to the personal and sensitive data we hold for you, we will require appropriate evidence of your identify (usually a certified copy of your passport). Your rights, if you are a Student, are also detailed in our data processing and privacy notice
You have the right to: give and withdraw consent for us to use data provided by you, right to access the data, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict and object to us processing your data, right to data portability and the right to complain to an authority if you believe we are not using your data appropriately.
For more detailed information on our internal privacy standard that we apply to our, employees and consultants please look at our privacy standard:
Link to privacy standard
We may update our data processing and privacy notice, our privacy standard and this policy and publish new versions on our website. Please check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any revised versions. We will notify you by email when appropriate.
Please email our data protection officer; Elizabeth Adey; with further questions: email@example.com