Achieve your potential
Support during your studies
Once you have secured your place at university, we can provide a unique student mentoring programme to help you through each step of your academic journey. Our specialist student mentors will provide you with subject specific advice and industry insight, working with you to understand your needs and provide a tailored programme of support.
Your student mentor will work with you to enhance your study skills and research skills. To achieve this we take two approaches which will form the basis of your mentoring plan:
- Regular study skills advice, discussing current and upcoming academic challenges
- Targeted mentoring at key times in the academic year, developing research skills for projects, essays or dissertations.
In addition to help with your studies, doing an internship, study experience or voluntary placement can help you gain valuable work experience and develop your CV whilst studying. It can provide you with a unique insight into a future profession that you are considering pursuing. We can arrange internships or placements during your summer break or for a year during your studies.
Study skills and guardianship
Our academic mentoring and guardianship service provides a range of study skills, research skills wider support including:
- Project work, report and essay writing, critical and analytical thinking skills, exam preparation, revision techniques, and literature review and research skills.
- Specialist research skills support for specific subjects and guidance with your dissertation selection and production.
- Proof reading services.
- Pastoral care for all non-academic requirements.
- Next steps including postgraduate courses and applying for jobs.
- Bespoke medicine and art and design mentoring programmes.
You can find out more below.
Gain new skills and experiences
Many students may chose to take a short break during the summer or a longer break to gain a new experience and stand out from the crowd after graduation. Uni Direct works with a range of organisations around the world that offer everything from two week placements to short courses and study abroad years that can be integrated with your current degree. We can help you consider options to help you gain new skills and have exciting opportunities. We can help with:
Read more about our academic mentoring services below:
We can also help you to gain new skills and experiences; read more by clicking below: