Visa Requirements for Studying in Canada



Getting a study visa in Canada

All international students, must prior to the commencement of their degree in Canada, obtain a study permit. Furthermore, certain countries also require a temporary resident visa (TRV) to study in Canada. You can find all the information you need on the government website. You will also need to meet the necessary language requirements to study in Canada.

From our previous students experiences, we find that Canada is one of the most open and efficient countries to gain the right to study and work.


Staying in Canada after your degree

Canada's welcoming attitude toward international students means that if you decide you want to stay after your studies, there are various immigration pathways to explore.

Canada is making good progress on its, aim to double the number of international students and researchers in Canada. A key part of this aim is to retain talented people once they have completed their studies. You can read more about Canada's express entry system here.

Uni Direct, working with our specialist partners, can support you through the student visa application process. If you would like to find out more please contact us to speak to one of our advisers.