Language requirements for studying in Canada


Language requirements for university in Canada

The international students we support  to study in the Canada, who have English or French as a second language, need to consider and demonstrate their language proficiency as a part of the Canadian application process. Each university will have different requirements. For universities in the English speaking regions most use a standardized language test such as IELTS, whereas those from the French speaking region (Quebec) tend to assess each applicant on a case by case basis.

We will help you to ensure your Canadian application meets the language requirements of your chosen universities  and you secure that all important offer.


Improving your language skills

We can recommend places that will assess your English or French language level. Then where required they can support you with an intensive programme of study to ensure you meet your chosen universities requirements in the time you need.

Homestay and accommodation options can usually be arranged for you at a wide range of language centres, helping you improve your language skills further through conversing with your host family.

Opportunities exist for you to improve your English or French language skills in your home country, in the UK or in Canada. There are also options to undertake an language course at some of Canadian universities, allowing you to progress directly onto your degree.

Improving your English language skills in preparation for university needs a bespoke approach, and is supported as a part of our university application support service. If you would like to find out more please contact us to speak to one of our advisers.