Language requirements for studying in Canada

Uni direct logo icon
uk university english language requirements

Canada university language requirements

English language to study Canada

International students can study in Canada in English or French. Canada university language requirements need to be demonstrated as a part of the Canadian application process. Each university will have different requirements. For universities in the English speaking regions most use a standardized language test such as IELTS, whereas those from the French speaking region (Quebec) tend to assess each applicant on a case by case basis.

We will help you to ensure your Canadian application meets the language requirements and you secure that all important offer.

Uni direct logo icon

Improving your language skills

We can recommend places that will assess your English or French language level. Then where required they can support you with an intensive programme of study to ensure you meet the Canada university language requirements in the time you need.

Homestay and accommodation options can usually be arranged for you at a wide range of language centres. Helping you improve your French or English language to study in Canada further, through conversing with your host family.

Opportunities exist for you to improve your English or French language skills in your home country, in the UK or in Canada. There are also options to undertake an language course at some of Canadian universities, allowing you to progress directly onto your degree.

Improving your language skills to meet the Canada university language requirements needs a bespoke approach, and is supported as a part of our university application support service. If you would like to find out more please contact us to speak to one of our advisers.