Tier 4 Student Visa UK Requirements


International student visas

International students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) will require a UK student visa (Tier 4 visa) to study at university in the UK. Most other European countries will have similar student visa requirements. The UK government is committed to keeping the universities available to students throughout the world. Do not let current uncertainty about the long term relationship between the UK and Europe out you off looking for a great degree in a UK university.


Student visa application process

To apply for a student visa, you need to be able to demonstrate you have the finances in place to support yourself through your degree course, without needing access to public funds. For studying in London, the student visa requirements mean you need to show you can afford living costs estimated at £1,000 a month. Elsewhere it is around £800 a month. You will need to provide evidence that you have the tuition fees and maintenance fees in your bank account, for a minimum of 28 days before you apply for your visa.

In the UK, for a student visa, you first have to apply for a degree course and obtain a confirmation of acceptance of studies (CAS) number from a university approved by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI). Some colleges can also issue CAS numbers. Colleges will make you aware of their status and ability to take on international students.

Your UK student visa will allow multiple entries into the UK. Students on a Tier 4 UK student visa have the right to work in the UK for a maximum of 20 hours a week on a part-time basis.

Uni Direct, working with our specialist partners, can support you through the student visa application process. If you would like to find out more please contact us to speak to one of our advisers.