Applying for a PhD
A successful PhD application takes time and is a rigorous process. We will give you the very best chance of success.
PhD application routes
Applying for a PhD is a highly competitive process, particularly if you want to obtain a scholarship. There are two pathways for applying for a PhD in the UK: applying for advertised PhD posts, and developing your own research proposal. Both routes are highly competitive, and have a rigorous application, requiring an excellent PhD personal statement and interview process. We can help you with both routes, making it much easier to apply for a PhD:
- Applying for advertised PhD's- we will support you in identifying existing PhD opportunities, and we will then help you apply for advertised PhD places. We have a lot of experience in identifying suitable PhD places with funding and scholarship on proposed PhD projects that match your interests and academic requirements.
- Developing a research proposal - we can help you in developing your own PhD research proposal. This route of applying for a PhD will require you to identify and contact departments of academic staff with similar research interests to you, who might be interested in overseeing your research project or area. We can support you at each step of the process, advising you on funding opportunities, and how best to approach academic staff to develop your PhD proposal further.
You can find out more below. Or for a free consultation, contact us now.
How to apply for a PhD - PhD personal statement
Both routes when applying for a PhD involve several tasks including:
- Submitting academic references
- Evidence of your English language proficiency
- Cv and covering letter
- PhD personal statement personal statement
Our guidance will help you prepare all the correct documents to increase your chances of making a successful PhD application. We have advisers qualified at doctorate level. Their experience of applying for a PhD, and knowledge of working in academia, will be highly valuable in increasing your chances of securing the right PhD place for you.
Our specialist PhD application support is delivered as a part of our postgraduate university application support service. If you would like to find out more please contact us to speak to one of our advisers.