Academic Mentoring and Guardianship
Once you have secured that all important place at university, we can provide a unique student mentoring programme to help you through each step of your academic journey. Our specialist student mentors will provide you with subject specific advice and industry insight, working with you to understand your needs and provide a tailored programme of support.
Your student mentor will work with you to enhance your study skills and research skills. To achieve this we take two approaches which will form the basis of your mentoring plan:
- Regular study skills advice, discussing current and upcoming academic challenges
- Targeted mentoring at key times in the academic year, developing research skills for projects, essays or dissertations.
Study skills tuition
Our academic mentoring service provides a range of study skills and research skills support including:
- Project work, report and essay writing, critical and analytical thinking skills, exam preparation, revision techniques, and literature review and research skills.
- Specialist research skills support for specific subjects and guidance with your dissertation selection and production.
- Proof reading services.
- Advice on industry placements and holiday work experience.
- Next steps including postgraduate courses and applying for jobs.
- Bespoke medicine and art and design mentoring programmes.
University student guardianship in the UK
In addition to the academic mentoring services, if you are an international student living in the UK, we also offer a university guardianship service. Our guardianship service provides pastoral care to complement our mentoring service, supporting you to excel in your studies by helping you with the process of moving to the UK, and settling into student life.
As with our mentoring programme, your own needs will be unique. We will work with you to identify these and provide the right guidance for you to develop your skills, and to help give your parents or guardians peace of mind that there is always someone there to help. Some of the services we offer include:
- Referring you to visa specialists. Advising you on English language qualifications and university accommodation options.
- Arranging your transfer from the airport to university accommodation.
- A 24hr emergency first point of contact for you and your parents.
- Supporting you with any challenges or requirements you may face with the university or other public authorities.
- Providing a link between you, your parents, and university tutors.
- Helping you with holiday choices, including summer schools, advice on suitable language programmes, and homestay options.
You can find out more about some of our specialist mentoring and guardianship services below.
Read more about our academic mentoring services below: