Work visa after university

Many countries are keen to ensure talented graduates stay and start their careers in the country in which they studied. You can find out more below.

Student visa

Work visa after university

Working after your studies

Many countries around the world are looking to ensure they provide the ability for talented students to stay and work. This is usually through student visas which provide a work visa after university. For most countries this involves a period after graduating during which recent graduates have time to find a job and secure a working visa.

Many of the students we work with fall in love with the countries and exciting new cultures of the places they study. So considering what your work visa after university allows is an important consideration.

You can find out more below. Or for a free consultation, contact us now.

Case Study - work visa after university in the UK

The UK currently offers international graduates two year post-study work visas. The incentive here is aimed at creating opportunities for high level graduates to develop their careers in the UK. This work visa after university aligns the UK’s appeal for international students. Giving a similar offering to Canada.

The post study work permit in the UK is open to any international student who has successfully completed their degree in the UK in any subject area. The visa allows you to work, in any career or position, for up to two years after you have completed your studies. The aim gives the UK a more global outlook and will appeal to a lot of potential applicants. It helps students develop their work experience in the UK, opening up the possibility of them staying here longer-term. Following the two-year post study work permit, they can switch to a skilled work visa if they have the right job that aligns with the skill requirement.

Uni Direct, working with our specialist partners, can support you through the work visa after university process as a part of our  careers advice and support service. If you would like to find out more please contact us to speak to one of our advisers.